I am an expert in the treatment of trauma and PTSD using EMDR and I train other therapists to use this technique. I also used EMDR as a Waterloo Success Coach to help professionals to perform better at work. I hold a Master of Social Work degree from Wilfred Laurier University. I have advanced EMDR Training, Part I, received at Holyoke Medical Center in Boston, MA and EMDR Training, Part II, received at EMDR HAP, Chicago, IL. My background includes more than a decade of experience in various clinical and counselling settings as a Waterloo Psychotherapist.
I worked in the Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner Clinic and Woodstock Area Community Health Centre and Individual, family and couples counselor at Carizon Family and Community Services and Lutherwood Family Counselling. I have experience treating addiction as Addiction Counselor in the Addiction Services Program of Thames Valley (ADSTV), facilitated workshops, provided training in Waterloo region.
I believe in a holistic approach including Cognitive Therapy and encourages clients to supplement their therapy with exercise, yoga, nutrition awareness and spiritual and/or faith based practice when they are so inclined.
Experience :As a holistic Trauma and EMDR Therapist and Success Coach my goal is to help you uncover your true potential and discover greater confidence and self-awareness along your journey. By applying complementary therapy approaches and techniques, we will unearth long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions that may be holding you back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life and bring you more success to your future.
If you’re looking for extra support and guidance through a challenging situation or you are just ready to move in a new direction in your life, I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
- Master of Social Work, Wilfrid Laurier University
- EMDR Training, Part I, Holyoke Medical Center, Boston, MA
- EMDR Training, Part II, EMDR HAP, Chicago, IL
ORIENTATION AND MODALITIES
- Brain Wise
- Energy Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Program, HAP
- Alumni Association: Wilfrid Laurier University
- Alumni Association: Conestoga College
- Alumni Association: METU
- International Society for Mental Health Online
- EMDR Part I, Holyoke Medical Center, Boston, MA
- EMDR Part II, EMDR HAP, Chicago, IL
- Advanced Individual, Family and Group Therapies, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Marriage and Couple Therapy, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Play Therapy and Art Therapy, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Trauma Training, Waterloo Region Social Services
- Suicide Intervention and Prevention, Lutherwood Family Counselling Services
- CAFAS Training, Lutherwood Family Counselling Services
- Trauma and Attachment, Lutherwood Family Counselling Services
- Sir Richard Bowlby, Attachment, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Single Session Therapy Training, Lutherwood Family Counselling Services
- Depression as a Chronic Disease, Science of Medicine, McMaster University
- Bipolar Disorder, Science of Medicine, McMaster University